Augmented reality is not that new and has been around for a little while now but it is not often we as laymen get to play with it and see it in action.
Anyway - the app is called STRING. If you have an iphone or ipad, here is a basic overview so follow along ....
- Download the APP on your iphone or ipad
- Then go to http://www.poweredbystring.com/showcase on your PC / Mac or Laptop and download the PRINT TARGETS
Now this is where is gets really cool.....
- Either print out the pictures or display them on your PC / Mac or Laptop. If you have printed out the pictures, lay one of them out on a surface. (I prefer the first 2 - the dragon or Boffswana)
- Now take your iphone or ipad, open the APP and point the camera at the picture - holding your device as still as you can.
- You will see a creature popping out on your device screen - the dragon will pop out of a hole or a little green creature will pop out. If you touch your device screen, the green creature will go in that direction.
Let me know if you have any cool apps you can recommend to me.