Anyway - Phil graciously awarded me the Liebster award a few weeks ago. Now this is not the first time I have won this award and I must admit I have a love / hate relationship with these awards. I understand why they exist and why we share the love, but they are a pain to administer.
So THANK YOU Phil - Much appreciated and now for the boring part.....
Now here are the rules one must adhere to when accepting the Liebster:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post eleven random facts about yourself.
- I started my career at Sun City working in the Theatre
- I grew up on a sewerage farm, I now live in Johannesburg, South Africa
- I am a Jack of all Trades - I can do anything and love a challenge
- I am not a girly girl type of person - rather difficult being the mother of 4 boys.
- I am not very social - I am the quiet person who likes to keep a low profile and watch others (not in a creepy way...)
- I have never had any interest in writing and always said that it is the last thing I would ever want to do. But just recently I have had the urge to write a book. I have a story developing in my head and would love to have the time to put it all down.
- I love my children to death, but must admit I am starting to feel glad they are all growing up. I am starting to appreciate more me time!
- I hate housework - I used to love cleaning and making sure things were in order - now I could gladly turn a blind eye to it all
- I love to travel and would like to do loads more of it. If fact I would like to travel and meet up with other fellow bloggers and meet some of you amazing people in person
- I drive a Toyota Prado and love it - And feel real guilty about the amount of petrol it uses!
- I'm addicted to reading Erotica
3. You answer the eleven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Has to be scorpions and dying of cancer
- Probably Marilyn Monroe - She made curves popular and knew how to conquer men
- Not sure I would want to switch with any of my friends. Quite happy with what I got (I got really great boobs!)
- A Scorpion - If I am scared shitless of them, just imagine the fun I could have scaring the hell out of others
- Armagedon - Just love it. There is a little of everything in it for all. 50 First Dates comes in at a close second
- Cadbury's Creme Eggs - I can eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner and any snack in between
- I would go back to November last year and gone to Dubai to be with my son for his 21st
- It used to be Angelina Jolie. But I must admit she has become so thin nowadays I'd be worried she'd break if I touched her. Not sure I have found someone to replace her with yet.
- This is a no brainer - Yes - for any one of my four sons. (Hubby will make a comment here about not mentioning him, but he forgets he has a life policy I am beneficiary to! I could finally go on that world trip and meet all you guys)
- This is a difficult one - I hate all things sports. But if I had to chose it would be something like a gymnast
- Leo DiCaprio - He just really irritates me.
4. You think of a new set of eleven questions and nominate eleven others to answer them.
And for some random bloggers I am not familiar with - will be spending some time of their blogs in a moment:
- Mrs Inappropriate
- Tropical Mum
- So Now What
- I'm Living Proof God has a Sense of Humour
- Sexy Legs and Body (By a fellow South African)
- A Daft Scot Lass (Also from South Africa)
11 Questions for my nominees:
- What scares you the most?
- What makes you happy and why?
- If you could be any famous person, living or dead, who would it be and why?
- Do you enjoy what you do for a living and why?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- What is you favorite TV show?
- If you were allowed to only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- If you could go back in time what would you change or do?
- If you had to pick one famous person of the same sex to have a man or girl crush on, who would it be and why?
- Would you take a bullet for someone, and if yes, who would it be?
- What celebrity do you despise the most and why?